With this thought in mind, I introduce you to some of my clients who do extraordinary work on behalf of their constituents:
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (http://www.cshl.edu/), a pioneer researcher in cancer, neuroscience, genomics, and bioinformatics.
- Common Ground Community (http://www.commonground.org/), a national leader in solutions to homelessness.
- Independent Living Association (http://www.ilaonline.org/), an exceptional advocate for developmentally disabled individuals.
- National Urban League (http://www.nul.org/), a civil rights organization doing great things for underserved urban communities.
- New York Public Library (http://www.nypl.org/), the number one source for sourcing, which is a veritable guardian of knowledge.
- United Way of New York City (http://www.unitedwaynyc.org/), a great source for providing a general endowment if the more specific organizations do not match your philanthropic interests.
I hope the spirit moves you to give generously to one of these outstanding organizations.