Monday, September 05, 2022

Plagiarism Detection Services from a Friend of WORDS ON THE LINE

My mantra as a writing trainer is this: stay fresh. Update your writing skillset by practicing the craft, reading diversely, and researching new ideas in rhetoric. This approach will keep you at the top of your game. You can imagine how delighted I am when I see one of my students in a writing course or readers of this blog heeding this advice. That's why Maja Ampov made my today so cool. 

I probably was wondering whether anyone was reading my posts when I wrote more than nine years ago about the value of using a plagiarism detection service since the editors and professors who read your submissions do. But today I received an email from Maja proving that lifelines are all over the internet. She thanked me for that post but went two giant steps further by 1) independently researching plagiarism detection services and 2) contacting me about her findings. She wrote, 

While this tool you mentioned works great, I got curious and started looking for other options and I came across this article (with) a list of similar tools: https://www.websiteplanet.com/blog/best-plagiarism-checking-tools/

What I like the most about this article is their honesty and objectiveness when choosing/ranking the best and more accurate plagiarism check tools available out there, in addition, they suggested a few free tools, so it’s great for someone who would want to try it.

Maja recommended I add her suggestion to WORDS ON THE LINE and concluded with the most beautiful complimentary closing I've ever read:

In hope I helped back,

Maja

Oh did you ever, Maja. A big thanks to you!