Monday, September 18, 2023

Reading for Writers, Part 6: The Writing Process and Product

In addition to reading my article on writing in the sciences for the Amrrican Chemical Society, "Crafting Articles: Guidance ot Authors for ACS Chemical Health and Safety," develooing writers would benefit from reading "The Skill of Writing" by Bryan S. Judge, available to readers on PubMed. While my article is primarily product-oriented, Judge's is primarily process-oriented.  

I would recommend starting with Judge's article, as it focuses on the psychological aspects of writing from conception to completion. I cover that aspect as well, but my main focus is on improving the quality of the finished product. If you are not a science writer, you will still benefit from reading the universal approach of both authors.